While you're compiling your favorites, be sure to keep in mind the following information:
- These awards are not a popularity contest. To ensure this, people are only allowed to vote one time per category, and all previous first place winners are ineligible for nominations in that category. You CANNOT nominate any prior First Place Winners. To know who they are, please check the Ineligible Nominations tab above, or list of Winners from the menu.
- Be sure the information you submit is correct or your nomination will not be counted (i.e. links are working, author's name matches the link to their profile page, all rules for the category are followed, etc).
- All nominations must be fully published and available online.
- Betas & Pre-Readers must be acknowledged, by their pen name, by the author in some way on the first chapter of the story they're nominated for.
- Starting in 2016, only ORIGINAL FANDOMS are allowed in the awards. This means that if a "fandom" was once published on a fanfiction website as a fanfic to another fandom prior to being pulled for publishing, it is not considered an original fandom. Therefore, no stories written for Fifty Shades of Grey (FSOG), previously known as Master of the Universe by Snowqueens Icedragon in the Twilight fandom, or Mortal Instruments, previously known as Draco Dormiens/Draco Sinister/Draco Veritas by Cassandra Clare in the Harry Potter fandom, will be allowed in any category.
While everyone is entitled to their opinion, flamers WILL NOT be tolerated. If you are publicly flaming the awards, or anyone in the staff in relation to the awards, it will be believed that you are not interested in participating and supporting the awards, and you will therefore be instantly banned from nominations. If you wish to express your opinion to improve the awards in the future, please do so in a courteous and constructive manner. Flaming is defined as a hostile and insulting interaction.